Staying healthy takes time, effort, and the ability to recognize how much or little we know or understand about a topic. As Librarians, we can point you in the direction of reliable places to obtain health information, but we encourage you to ask your health professional questions!
Health Tips for Adults https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/weight-management/health-tips-adults
Some Myths about Nutrition & Physical Activity
Staying Active at Any Size https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/weight-management/staying-active-at-any-size
Tips to Help You Get Active
Using the World Around You to Stay Healthy and Fit
Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
Five Minutes (or Less) for Health
10 tips for a health spring (not just for veterans!)
101 Health and Wellness Tips for College Students
Courtesy of Ohio Health (Tips and Image): How to Incorporate Healthy Foods Into your Diet
1. When shopping at the grocery store, focus on foods found along the perimeter. Fresh foods, lean meats, and non-processed foods are located here.
2. Always check the nutrition facts of your food for sodium content. Most frozen meals contain nearly half your day's sodium content. Most frozen meals contain nearly half your day's sodium content. Try to opt for options with less sodium to reduce risk of hypertension.
3. Select non-starch vegetables, such as green beans, broccoli, spinach, and squash! These vegetable will be full of fiber and essential nutrients.
4. Focus on the lean cuts of meat. Instead of purchasing beef or pork, utilize chicken and turkey as healthier options. These meats have less cholesterol and fat.
5. Nuts and seeds are excellent sources of healthy fats. Try adding nuts or seeds to your salad or stir fry!
Main Reference Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Medicine - Margaret Hoogland (email@example.com)
Nursing - Jodi Jameson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pharmacy - Wade Lee-Smith (email@example.com)
Physician Assistant - Jolene Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Public Health, Health Administration, Health Education, Kinesiology, and more - Jerry Natal (email@example.com)