An EndNote Online account can be used as a collaborative tool to share citation information and attachments, as a backup storage for your EndNote library, or as a stand-alone tool that interactes with MS Word. To initiate an EndNote Online account, go to https://www.myendnoteweb.com.
To set up the sync between EndNote Online and an EndNote desktop version:
Note: An update from endnote.com may be required to enable the sync.
To sync the EndNote Online Library to the EndNote desktop library:
To export from EndNote Online (EndNote Web) free version to a Microsoft Word document:
1) Log in to EndNote Online:
2) Download the Cite While You Writ (CWYW) plug-in from: http://download.endnote.com/downloads/plugins/EndNotePlugins.exe
3) In EndNote: Edit citations if necessary (e.g. fix titles in all caps or abbreviated journal titles)
4) Copy an author of a single citation from the EndNote Online reference list to be inserted
5) In Word, click on the Insert Citations button to pull up the window EndNote Find and Insert My References (see below)
6) Paste the selected title or author in the search box and click Find (see below)
7) Select the citation from the resulting list to be inserted and click Insert (see below)
See video: EndNote Online CWYW Overview