What is Web of Knowledge?
Web of Knowledge - a product of Thomson Reuters - provides tools for searching, tracking, measuring and collaborating in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. It provides access to source documents along with references cited by these source documents. Web of Knowledge can be accessed by UT-affiliated users from the Library’s web pages -- Click on the Databases by Name link in the Quick Links menu and browse alphabetically by the title of the database.
Off-campus access requires authentication with name and Rocket I.D. number. If you have problems with off-campus access, contact the UT Library Service Desk:
Carlson Library: (419) 530-2323 | Mulford Library: (419) 383-4225
The following resources can be found in Web of Knowledge:
Web of Science (1965-present)
Contains scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities plus proceedings of international conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions. Features include:
- Cited reference searching and Author Finder
- Citation Mapping
- A graphic Citation Report
- Analyze Tool to identify trends and patterns
It contains the following citation indexes:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED) -- 1965-present. SCI covers journals in clinical medicine, preclinical sciences, physics, chemistry, and other sciences
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) -- 1965-present. SSCI covers nursing, allied health fields, education, psychology, and other social sciences.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) -- 1975-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science (CPCI-S) -- 1990-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH) -- 1990-present
Derwent Innovations Index
Patent information from Derwent World Patent Index® plus patent citation information from Patents Citation Index. Contains:
- Chemical Section (1963-present)
- Electrical and Electronic Section (1963-present)
- Engineering Section (1963-present)
BIOSIS Citation Index (1969-present)
Life sciences and biomedical research covering pre-clinical and experimental research, methods and instrumentation, animal studies, and more, with content from journals, meetings, patents, and books.
BIOSIS Previews (1969-present)
Life sciences and biomedical research covering pre-clinical and experimental research, methods and instrumentation, animal studies, and more. Content from journals, meetings, patents, and books.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine life sciences database addressing biomedicine and life sciences, bioengineering, public health, clinical care, and plant and animal science.
Journal Citation Reports
The Journal Citation Reports (JCR) provides impact factor and Eigenfactor data for journals indexed by the databases included in Web of Science. [See information about Journal Impact Factor]