What's in SciFinder?
SciFinder Scholar covers all field of chemistry, broadly defined. So, the traditional chemistry disciplines (organic, inorganic, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, etc.) as well as related disciplines in biology, medicine, and engineering (chemical engineering, geochemistry, agricultural chemistry, biomedical and medicinal chemistry, biotechnology, materials science, pharmacology, toxicology, environmental science and hazardous waste management.)
- CAPlus - bibliographic entries from Chemical Abstracts back to 1907. Over 1,500 core chemical journals are included, as well as patents, books, conference procedings, etc. Link out to OLinks to connect to electronic full text or check for print holdings.
- MEDLINE - bibliographic entries in the medical sciences back to 1949
- CAS REGISTRY - Chemicals and biochemical sequences searchable by name, number, formula, or structure, with experimental and predicted property data.
- CHEMLIST - Registry of regulated chemicals.
- CHEMCATS - Chemical supplier catalogs.
- CASREACT - Individually indexed reaction schemes back to 1840.
A table showing the full contents of SciFinder is available on the CAS website.
Log on to SciFinder Scholar on the Web
Click on the logo below to access SciFinder Scholar on the Web using your personal registration. Access is restricted to University of Toledo faculty, staff, and students conducting University-related research.
If you are warned by your web browser that this may be a security violation, it is not... please add an exception and proceed to connect to the website.
To access the Mobile version (with limited, but still powerful functionality), use your mobile browser to go to: http://scifinder.cas.org/mobile/
Wade M. Lee - Science Librarian
I'm unavailable to chat at the moment. Please leave a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-530-4490.