Although our primary users are University faculty, residents, staff, and students, anyone is welcome to come in and use the Library for healthcare research. Some helpful hints for people from the community using the Library:
- It is recommended that you schedule your first trip to the library during the hours in which a reference librarian is available, so you can get in-depth help, if you need it.
- Staff members will help you get started by directing you to the most appropriate resources for your research and get you started using those resources.
- Computers are available for healthcare research and education only. The Library reserves the right to restrict priority use to University faculty, residents, staff, and students at any time.
- Self-service photocopiers are available if you need to make a photocopy from a book or journal.
- Circulating materials may be checked out to anyone with a UToledo or OhioLINK member library card. Others may purchase a library card.
Call the Mulford Library Circulation Desk for further information Ask (419.383.4225).
- NonUToledo and non OhioLINK affiliates may borrow books and audiovisual materials from the Mulford Library by making a request through a public library. Please do not request items directly from the Mulford Library.
- Articles from the literature, though mostly oriented towards the health professional, may also be obtained in the same manner as books.
Health professionals may request materials through a public library or may use Loansome Doc module in PubMed for articles.