Course Reserves Update During COVID-19
Physical course reserves are still available to checkout during the COVID-19 pandemic. To continue this service, some procedural updates were required.
2. List all of the items that you want to put on reserve, including both printed and electronic reserves. For electronic material on the list, please write the same title that you will be using to describe the material on your syllabus.
3. Choose a loan period (for print items only). Loan periods available are:
|at Carlson Library||at Mulford Library|
|1 hour||2 hour|
|2 hour||2 day|
|3 hour||3 day|
|3 day||3 week|
All reserve materials may be checked out for an additional loan period if there have been no other requests for them.
4. Materials such as book chapters, articles, and practice exams will be scanned and will be available through our website. Due to copyright law, we may only scan either 10% of a book or one (1) chapter (whichever is the lesser amount), but we would be happy to put the book itself on reserve to be checked out at the circulation desk. Videos cannot be offered electronically.
5. You may bring your reserve materials to the circulation desk, or send them via e-mail to Jennifer.Babcock2@utoledo.edu. Please attach a copy of the completed reserve request form.
6. If you wish to place an article from an OhioLINK resource, such as the Electronic Journal Center or full text from an OhioLINK Research Database, you can e-mail the proper URL to Jennifer.Babcock2@utoledo.edu as above. Please see this LibGuide for information on the proper (permanent) URL you can use to link to the articles.
Reserve lists should be submitted at least 7 days before the class is told that your materials are on reserve. Lists must be submitted with the requested books, photocopies, or accompanying e-mail of electronic items. All reserve lists are processed in order of receipt. Please submit your list as early as possible to provide these materials to your students.
Reserve materials will be removed from Reserve at the end of each semester unless a different date is indicated. Personal copies of books or media will be returned to your office by campus mail unless you pick them up in person. Photocopies will not be returned except by request.
The Library cannot be responsible for replacing lost personal copies of books or articles, although every effort will be made to see that this does not occur.
For information regarding reserve materials at Carlson Library and Mulford Library, contact Jennifer Babcock, (419) 530-8531, Jennifer.Babcock2@utoledo.edu.
For information regarding reserve materials at the LaValley Law Library, contact (419) 530-2733.